SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biwako_of_abi

crushcalculator annoying ad persists

biwako_of_abi
13 years ago

All day today, as I have been reading email off and on and visiting a few craft sites through links, I keep finding this annoying box left behind when I minimize my browser. I can't get a screen shot of it, but it says that someone has a crush on me, and although I don't click on "Send" to "find out who," even closing the box by clicking on the X up in the right corner directs me to a hideous pink site called yourcrushcalculator.com.

The persistence of this ad is infuriating. The last time it happened, it was a different box, claiming that someone in my city (with the correct name of the city included) "has a crush on" me.

I close the box, close the window that comes up with the yourcrushcalculator site, only to find that the ad is again lurking underneath my browser window.

Just now I closed the browser (FireFox) and reopened it and view a couple of my emails and didn't get the ad again, so maybe I got it from one of the links I clicked on, but I am still concerned lest it mean I have a virus of some sort. Or, even worse, that all the people in my gmail address book are now getting the ad, too, and, if they follow through on the yourcrushcalculator site, are being told that I have a crush on them! I am elderly and happily married, ha ha.

I can't go back and check all my emails and the links in them because I was deleting a lot of them after I finished reading them.

I did a brief search and did find this information:

"www.themobilespy.com

www.themobilespy.com has one IP number (174.143.35.16) , which is the same as for themobilespy.com, via cname.

Yourcrushcalculator.com point to the same IP.

themobilespy.com

Themobilespy.com is a domain controlled by two name servers at rackspace.com. Both are on different IP networks. The primary name server is ns.rackspace.com.

More information

www.themobilespy.com is ranked #10578948 world wide as themobilespy.com and is hosted on a server in United States. It has five inlinks.

backorder themobilespy.com for 49.95 USD.Trustworthiness, vendor reliability, privacy and child safety of this site is very poor. (more on reputation).It is not listed in any blacklists.Search for themobilespy.com."

I hope someone will tell me that this is just a trivial and harmless annoyance...

Comments (3)