SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plumorchard

Ovens - Now I'm venting!

plumorchard
13 years ago

I've been researching single wall ovens the past week or so and have had very specific size requirements (must fit under cooktop) and a certain "look" to go with an existing layout and budget friendly!

I've been stricken with decision paralysis I think with all the positives/negatives etc. I know I can stay online long enough and find something great and something horrible about every model out there!

So I've almost committed but I have a few general comments regarding brands and perceptions of them online.

I've done some info gathering via email and phone.

Bosch - Has been very responsive and has answered questions via email and phone. Is the downfall here with service issues? (Can't that be said for anyone with a problem that isn't handled properly?)

Whirlpool - Extremely responsive with email questions. I've traded email questions with the same rep for many questions.

Miele - Was wonderful with questions via email and phone until today. We had one more question and got someone online that was totally rude and thought I was an idiot. (Which I may be but I don't need her to point it out to me!) Never got that question answered by the way. That one experience just wiped out the others. This was with the Miele Store number - the woman truly should not be doing the job she is doing.

Fagor - Extremely responsive via email. The downside here is that not many have them or have heard of them.

Retailers/Dealers - a completely frustrating experience - period.

Lowes - two different sales people to call me back on two different questions - one from last Tuesday, one from last Saturday - haven't heard from either.

One was regarding a discontinued oven model (they didn't know it was discontinued until I told them it wasn't the current model) - went back to find out current price and they don't know. It still is on display but with no pricing.

Sears - couldn't answer questions - handed me a slip of paper with the number for the manufacturer on it and told me to call them.

Showroom locally - was advised against brand "x" and I asked for feedback as to why. The reply? "Well, I don't know - honestly, I've never sold one before." Then recommend Wolf hands down with backups for KA and Dacor.

It seems if you need your order taken that there is no problem - but if you need more information or a comparison of features/benefits then tough noogies. Which is fine & dandy - I can do all that myself.

Not once has anyone explained features/benefits, etc of why they recommend "x" over "y". I asked the differences of two models that were on display and it couldn't be done.

I realize there is no point to this post - I'm just venting and this seemed the most likely place to do it. Man, that Miele woman just pushed all my buttons....

Comments (14)