SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pprioroh

Miele DW - Horrid service, think twice before buying!!

pprioroh
10 years ago

Bought the top of the line Miele DW about 2 years ago. Spent over $2500 for it and had it professionally installed by the only dealer in our area which is about 60+ miles away.

The good: it's quiet, it cleans well.

The bad: we have had the automatic door closing feature fail twice. It gives a door fault code and then makes clicking noises when trying to close.

The horrid: Despite spending a huge amount of money on a "high end" machine, service from Miele has been non-existant. They will give you NO information on what codes mean over the phone or how to fix them, no access to any repair guide or manual, and they can provide NOBODY to come and service our machine (original dealer no longer willing to come this far out).

We ordered a new door latching part and installed it ourselves the first time and it worked for a few months and now has failed again. The dealer won't come out to service it, and Miele instead of supporting us basically says tough luck you can buy a new one.

When I pay top money for a supposed high end appliance, I expect customer service to be part of it. I understand machines may have problems and ours was out of warranty, but they have made absolutely NO effort to help and at this point we have a 2 year old nearly $3000 dishwasher that doesn't work and nobody will service.

When we picked this la perla machine out I was concerned about the auto-open/close mechanism because it violates my KISS principle of design, but I convinced myself it was acceptable - bad decision.

My words of advice to anyone considering a Miele appliance: DO NOT BUY IF YOU LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN OR IF YOU DON'T HAVE A LOCAL DEALER THAT IS VERY CLOSE TO YOU.

I'm quite aware of the many miele lovers on this forum and in face it was largely based on posts here that we bought this machine. My wife is now pissed that we spent that kind of money on something that breaks so frequently and that nobody will service. What a disaster.

Comments (26)

Sponsored
EasyHeat
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Easy-to-Install, Reliable Heating Products in North America