SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beachlilyfl

What will Ebay do?

beachlily z9a
13 years ago

My husband is a highly rated Ebay seller, so when he wanted to purchase a slightly used or near new Hobart mixer for me for Christmas, he did it over Ebay. The seller described it as 2 years old and near new. When we received it, it was obvious that the mixer had been repainted. I called Hobart and they said it was 7 years old. Hubs asked the seller for a discount and the seller escalated the matter to Ebay.

After 10 days, Ebay decided that the product was not as advertised and told us to send it back to the seller. This thing weighs over 50 lbs! Ebay told hubs that Ebay will refund our substantial payment back to us and they will pursue settlement from the seller. That's the plan. We sent the machine back (w/insurance and signature required) and now the seller is refusing to accept delivery. Obviously UPS will return the mixer to us if it can't be delivered. Does anyone know how Ebay will respond and what they will do? This is getting interesting!

As an aside, on Friday of last week, we found a restaurant supply place locally that sells Hobarts and now there is a brand new cherry red N50 setting in my kitchen. I am so excited!!

Comments (31)