SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
apratt81

One more thing you should know before buying Bluestar

apratt81
14 years ago

Hi all,

I was having a heck of a time deciding what 48in range to buy 2 years ago and then I found this forum. After perusing reviews on here, I discovered Bluestar. I loved all the positive posts and dedicated users. Of course, there were some negative posts, as there are with all the big brands, but I easily felt the excitement from the positive reviewers. So I bought my Bluestar in my own color and installed it Nov of 2007, the day before Thanksgiving.

Couldn't use it to cook the turkey because the main oven wouldn't heat up. It took three service calls to get it to work for more than one day--the whole process took over two months. Then it worked for a while and then went out again. This time it only took one trip to fix it if I remember correctly

Then the entire oven started leaking gas constantly. The Bluestar service rep didn't want to believe me that it was the oven. So, I had the gas company come back and definitively state that the oven was the source of the leak (all while going without gas supply to my entire home, since it was a safety issue). So then someone came out to fix that.

At that point, I asked Bluestar when this range would just be considered a "lemon" because it was breaking down too often. They said that they wouldn't replace it because they could just keep fixing the problems. (And each problem would mean two weeks of me waiting to have it fixed, by the way.)

Then my warranty expired. And now my small oven is leaking gas.

The unit is less than 2 years old and has given me such a headache with all of the repairs needed. When it works, I think it is a great range, but it seems to be breaking down too often to really enjoy it. To have cost me more than my car, I expected much more out of this piece of work.

I wish I could join the other positive reviewers here, but I wouldn't spend this amount of money for a Bluestar again. Just thought someone might find this valuable in their own search for the perfect stove.

Comments (13)