SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poigirl

Am I asking too much?

poigirl
16 years ago

All I want is a little attention to detail on my new house build. Without going into the whole list of things that have had to be redone, my latest problem is really bugging me. The tile guys have begun work on our bathrooms. They did the mud bed (I think this the correct term) for two walk in showers. They both look great except the drain for my master shower is off center. The shower is a double 4.5 X 6.5 with the long wall as the back wall and most visible. The controls are on this wall and centered perfectly. However, the floor drain is a good 8" over to the right. At the time of the foundation pour, all the tub and shower drains were located in a sort of flexible box so that the could be moved if they needed to be adjusted a bit (the builder told me this). I figured the drain would be centered when the time was right. I spoke with my builder about this yesterday and he doesn't think having an off center drain is a problem. He thinks I'm too obsessive and I need to chill. He says my obsession with symmetry is a problem. This is a custom build and we are spending a lot of money. I am very frustrated.

Comments (18)