SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hawaii808_gw

Extended Warranties on Appliances?????

Hawaii808
12 years ago

I just posted in this forum that I purchased my cooking appliances today (GE Profile Advantium 30" 240V Wall Oven-PSB2201NSS, GE Profile 30" Built-In Wall Oven-PT916SRSS, and Bosch 800 Series 36" 5 Burner Gas Cooktop-NGM8654UC). I still need to get a refrigerator and that is what my previous post was about (suggestions).

Now as I sit here with over $6,000 spent and most likely another $2,000-$2,500 more to go, I am wondering if I should have also purchased the extended warranties on my new products. Since these are new appliances and I am not familiar with them except through research, I am unsure of what scares me more, the cost of having to fix them or the cost of the extended warranties. If I buy the extended 5 year warranties on all my new products, I will be paying $1,670 extra (including frig.).

What has your experiences been? Did you buy the warranties? Have you had to use them? I would love to hear from anyone, but especially from someone with the same appliances. Any advice is welcome!

Comment (1)