SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mareningles

Changing the color of manufactured stone?

mareningles
10 years ago

So they installed the stone on our house yesterday. Unfortunately, although the stone company absolutely insists that the color is the same, you can see from the photo that the color of the stone on our house (on the left) is in fact NOT the same color as the stone on the right (which is what we selected). I have talked to the stone company until I'm blue in the face, and they aren't going to do anything about it. It would cost us $2-3k to remove and then replace it - unfortunately, that isn't an option. This stone does not look good with the light green Hardie siding that is going up in the next few days - the green siding brings out the red in the stone and just clashes. I was going for a more neutral grey, like the sample board in the photo. So my only other option (other suggestions are certainly welcome) is to try and change the color of the stone they put on. The guy at the stone place said you can use a pressure washer to remove a thin layer (where the color is) and then restain the stones. It voids the warranty if they can tell you've used a pressure washer. I'm more concerned with the color being right than I am about the warranty. But has anyone here done this and been successful? Or is it just a disaster? Help, please!!

Comments (42)