SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quantumkitten

Electric Slide-In Range Dilemma

16 years ago

I need to select a range for my kitchen remodel. It must be a 30" electric with convection. It must be a slide-in, because I hate (really hate) the way the raised control panel at the back of the freestanding ranges looks. I have to like the appearance of the range because the kitchen will be open to the living area and the range will be very much on display. I have to keep the cost under $2000, so the high-end brands are out.

Here's my dilemma: I love the looks and the features of the Jenn-Air JES8850BAS:

and was set on that one until I started reading this forum. It seems that Jenn-Air ranges have a terrible reputation in terms of quality control and customer service. I'm a bit heartbroken.

I thought I sort of liked the KitchenAid KESS908SPS as an alternate choice:

until I saw it in person and decided I didn't like it at all. Plus, it seems that the fans on those are known to be obnoxiously loud.

Then there's the Bosch Integra HEI7282:

Not a bad looking range, has a good feature set, and seems to have a better reputation than the others, but is hundreds of dollars outside of my price range (and I really can't up my budget any further).

Do I have any other options? I need something with an all stainless front--no black handles or black control panel frame. I hate the appearance of the GE/Kenmore/Maytag/Amana/Frigidaire slide-ins.

I don't know whether I should just go with the Jenn-Air that I like so much and hope I get one without issues (they can't all be defective, right?), settle for the KitchenAid, which I don't really like and which may also have issues, or sell my body on a streetcorner and get the Bosch (okay, this isn't really an option). What would you do?

Feedback on any of these ranges or any other possibilities would be most appreciated. In particular, I'd love to hear from anyone who has a recent model Jenn-Air range and likes it (wishful thinking?).

Comments (4)