SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tfcwifey

need help asap with master bathroom/wet room

TFCwifey
11 years ago

Hi, we are in the process of building a house in CT. Framing is done and shingles are being put on now. We met with plumber today and did a walk through of the house. For our Master Bathroom we are having a partial Wet room (Shower and tub area combined behind Glass wall).

We were hoping to do his and her showers (one on the left wall and one on the right wall). A rain shower in the middle and 3 body jets on either right or left. I was also hoping to put in a bench to sit down on either side

Our dilema is the plumber told us that since the left wall is an exposed wall it wouldn't be a good idea because the pipes could freeze. Is there any way around that so the pipes wouldn't freeze? Or should I put the his and hers on the right side wall. Is there enough wall to do that with out it looking too cramped?

My father-in-law is planning on installing the tile. We need to find someone to waterproof the Wet room though. Does anyone know of someone in the Hartford, CT area who can do it?

I also need help with the vanity. I would like it to wrap around the wall under the window. I feel that would be too much wasted space if the wall between the vanity and glass is not utilized. I am a product junkie- so the more storage the better. I am also planning on a makeup section- so the countertop would be lower than the rest of the countertops. And possibly 2 towers. I would also like hidden 1 or 2 Laundry baskets in the cabinets.

Does anyone have any Cabinet suggestions? - we are between Diamond Vibe and Bertch. They will be White in color

I provided a picture below of the bathroom set up and hopefully enough dimensions.

If you have any suggestions on how to make this Master Bath fabulous I welcome them!!

Comments (4)