SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresa_92841

Side by Side Stainless Steel Fridge

theresa_92841
15 years ago

It so happens that my 3.5 year old Whirlpool Gold series GS5SHAXNL00 has a broken ice dispenser. And one of the pieces that broke is a plastic piece in the door that broke. It is not field serviceable. So my only option to have a working ice dispenser is to replace the whole freezer door. That would cost $714 for the part plus the labor. My fridge cost $1700 originally in 2005.

Anyway, I am thinking my best bet is to just go with a new fridge. I absolutely love my side by side fridge. I love everything about it. Except the broken ice dispenser.

But now that I am in the market for a new one, I am wondering if anybody has any recommended models/brands that I should check out. I already have looked on consumer reports. I have the standard opening. which means that the 44" wouldn't fit. I think it is something like 25 or 26 cu ft that is in there now.

Any suggestions / experiences would be much appreciated. However, I am not interested in any other style of door. I have a separate freezer for extra items and the size of the fridge is spacious and works for me. So really just looking for stainless steel side by side.

TIA.

Comments (7)