SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
staceyneil

Modern bathroom decisions Part II: materials

Stacey Collins
14 years ago

(Cross posted to Home Decorating)

Thank you so much for your layout input, folks!! Now I have one last fairly major decision I need to make, so hoping you might like to chime in.

In the last 2 days I've changed my mind about using the honey onyx mosaic tile... I fell in love with a fabulous calacatta gold mosaic. I don't have a photo of it, it is a unique sort of random pattern, basically in the 1.5" x 1.5" size range but with a lot of slivers and cut-off corners. Beautiful, and still pulling in some warm golds and greys. So that's going on the shower floor, and probably in the niches. I guess the shower curn will be made of 12x12 calacatta gold tiles cut down and bullmosed. Same with the niche shelves.

The floor is a lovely 12 x 24 porcelaing tile by Iris called Oyster Brushstroke. Off-white (sort of grey/beige) with a lightly varied, matte/textured surface.

The walls in the shower, behind the tub and sink are a very WHITE glass mosaic. It is not blue-ish like my pictures show, more a clean bright white with no color variation but some surface dimpling which I hope will keep it from being too uniform. This material is really pretty non-negotiable, since I found an incredible deal on it ($2.50/sf). I can't afford to use anything else because I need so much of it! I am putting my $$ into other bling materials with less square footage instead, I think.

Vanity and wall cabinet by toilet will be mahogany, on stainless legs with 2 white porcelain sinks like Ronbow (semi-recessed.) Faucets are Kohler Purist. Toilet is Toto Aquia III, tub is Kohler ARcher drop-in.

Here's my dilemma!!!!!

Should the tub deck be tiled with the same floor tile..... or should it be tiled with 12 x 12 calacatta gold marble tiles?

Pics:

{{gwi:1496210}}

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County