SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nanj

rookie_2010? Questions about working with DGH

nanj
13 years ago

I have really enjoyed seeing the photos of your build! A couple have gone into my idea folder - hope you don't mind. (I don't identify where I got the photos, I just name the file with what I like about it.)

We are pretty serious about a Don Gardner houseplan. For months I thought it was going to be the Clarkson, but the family room just wasn't big enough and it seemed enlarging it to suit our needs was going to throw too many other things out of kilter. One day I saw the Avery and loved the main body of the house, but not the bedroom areas. So I am trying to put the two plans together - the Avery main living area, with the master suite and guest rooms like the Clarkson.

When I get the plan pretty close to what we want, I will contact DGH and start the modification process. You mentioned you did minor changes - how did that process go for you? DGH Customer Service (Wendy) said the designers can do whatever we want but I wonder, at what price? (lol) I have no concept of how much the modification process will be for us, probably several thousand dollars.

On your plans, did they include kitchen and bath cabinet lay-outs? As in, a frontal view, not just 'birds eye'? Did your builder say the plans were well done?

Our property is in SC which is where DGH is located so I feel the construction/engineering aspects will be suited for our property. If you have any time in your schedule, I'd like to email with you about your experience. Don't feel pressure, I know things are probably very hectic for you. You can email me from My Page in Garden Web.

Enjoy your lovely home!

Nan

Comments (3)