SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doug44_gw

Feedback on New Home Plans

doug44
9 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I would love to get your feedback on our home design. I have uploaded several images (see below) that include elevations and floor plans for our project. There are things that I like, things that I don't like, and a few things I'm unsure of. But before sharing my opinions, I'd like to get your unbiased feedback, so please take a moment and let me know what you like and don't like, as well as any suggested changes. Here is some background on our project.

We are building a home in a golf community located in central Washington (state). We have a family of four (two boys 13 and 10) and a dog. We have a selected a nice half acre lot that is flat and overlooks the golf green, which is the view side of the house and faces East-Southeast. We love natural light, so windows that let in light are very important to us. We also want a lot of outdoor living space, as we spend a lot of time eating, playing and entertaining outside. It does get hot in the summer (and snows in the winter), so we need enough covered space for protection from the elements when sitting and eating outside. We are targeting a home that is between 2,800 and 3,200 sq feet and has four bedrooms (master on main floor). The surrounding area is rural, so we have decided to go with a farm house / barn look. Here are some homes that have inspired us. The one thing that we did that is a little unconventional is put the vaulted ceiling in the dinning/kitchen, not the living room. So interested to get your feedback on this in particular.

Thanks for taking the time to look at our plans and share your feedback.

Comments (7)