SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lolittakat

Can I get your opinions on Fisher & Paykel refrigerators?

lolittakat
11 years ago

My husband and I are appliance shopping, we never agree on anything but this Fisher & Paykel fridge left us speechless! It's so good looking, seems to be very well built and we couldn't even find anything remotely close to it in it's price range.

We are interested in model RF175WDUX1, we currently own GE profile side by side, an older fridge that came with the house, and we absolutely hate it! the freezer opens against the wall so we can only open it 90% we can't put anything large in the freezer and we can't access our ice, as it would require opening the door more. The water/ice dispenser is chunky and never works and the inside shelves are cracking. The fridge looks bulky and sticks out past the door frame into the pantry.

this fridge however is almost the same width but it is counter depth, very clean looking, modern, one door, with a very sleek looking water dispenser that does not dominate the fridge. Space inside seems very usable, and if this one door only opens 90% against the wall, it doesn't seem as that would be an issue as we would still have access to our entire fridge. I'm not sure if we want the door to open against the wall or against the counter top, maybe someone can advise me on that?

Anyways this refrigerator seems to answer all of our needs except, i can't find many reviews on it, or other fisher and paykel fridges for this matter, and what i do find is questionable.Does anyone have experience with these refrigerators, what can you say about them?

thank you!

Comments (10)