SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
inga239

Gaggenau side opening 30" wall oven

inga239
11 years ago

Hello,

I am experiencing bugs, moisture drips between the glass panes of my oven. It is unsightly and I want to clean it. I contacted Gaggenau for guidance on how to take the glass apart and clean it. Their response was I would have to call a service tech. The oven is no longer under warranty and I really feel this is somewhat of a design issue and it will probably happen again.

When it was brand new, I had some styrofoam floating around between the panes and figured it was from packing or insulation. I should have called for service at that time but didn't. The styrofoam has now fallen to the bottom and is no longer an issue. Do any of you have any suggestions on how to take the door glass apart and clean it?

On another issue, I am somewhat embarrassed to say that I honestly don't understand how the racks and trays are meant to be used. I suspect I am not really getting full use out of this oven.

The only reason I bought it was for the side opening door as I was always burning myself on the forearms trying to reach in over the door.

My Dacor oven had 3 sturdy racks - pretty simple to figure out and to use.

Thanks to all of you cooks out there.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!