SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sidnee_gw

Compaq Presario S5300NX HD died, I think

sidnee
14 years ago

Hello everyone. I have not been here in quite awhile, but know this is the place to visit when I have issues with my PC.

I have the Presario mentioned in subject, it has 2.50 GHz pentium 4 processor, 512 mb of DDR SDRAM memory a 120 gig Maxtor Harddrive (original) and a Seagate 160 gig second HD that I installed aproximately 3 years ago. The machine is almost 6 years old. I have Windows XP Home edition, without the system disk. I begged for an installation disk and CompUSA would not provide one, so the second hard drive does not have an operating system on it. I also use Windows Works 7.0 which I do have the disk for.

I use Norton Systemworks, which I keep updated, along with various other maintenance programs that have been recommended here to keep my PC up to date, running perfectly, until now. I also back up to Carbonite.

A week or so ago, I came into my office to check my email and the screen was black with the exception of this sentence, "Insert Recovery disk and press enter". I did that with the recovery disk that I made when I first purchased my machine and I can not remember the exact verbage, but it stated C drive NONE.

CompUSA is no longer in business in my state, where or what do I need to do? What other information do you need to be able to help me?

Thanks in advance,

Sidnee in Indiana

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH