SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kayakcove_gw

Help us "change up" the elevation design on this ranch

KayakCove
9 years ago

Hi, (Excuse some spelling- trying to eliminate SPAM)

I would like your suggestions on how to make the elevation more impressive/ unique/ have more character.
The young man working with us on this desig-n is a structural_ engineer_ and his father is a general_contractor we want to get a bid from. We did not know at the time we hired him, to draw up plans, that this is his first house he has designed. We know little about building- a home- and we think we would have benefited greatly from someone with experience.
We feel the elevation he has given us is fine but wish it had more character. It looks like every other house in a subdivision. We would really welcome any comments suggestions from Garden Web . It is very impressive what everyone does for one another here.
Some points of interest:
-Our lot is in a fores-t that slopes down to a lake cove. We want lots of windows on the back of the house.
-We want a large screened in porch.
-We did ask him to cut back the total ranch square footage to be near 2100. But I am worried we took too much away from the dining & great room.
-I am worried the kitche-n may be dark. The back will be facing the west.
- He has the roof at 7/12...that does not seem like much of a pitch. Would your recommend it increased?
-Looking for a look that will stay "fresh-" for a long time.
**CLICK ON IMAGES TO ENLARGE THEM
All your comments are welcome!
Thank you :)
{{gwi:1489491}}{{gwi:1489492}}
{{gwi:1489493}}
{{gwi:1489494}}
{{gwi:1489495}}
{{gwi:1489496}}
{{gwi:1489497}}
{{gwi:1489498}}

This post was edited by KayakCove on Tue, Aug 19, 14 at 20:51

Comments (7)