SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
denise_777_gw

Kitchen Aid or Jenn Air if you had to�.

denise_777
9 years ago

My husband I are building a new house (tract home). I was so looking forward to choosing appliances, until I realized all I could choose from were Whirlpool family appliances (Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid or Jenn Air). I wanted Thermador or Wolf, so imagine my "delight" when I was presented with this info. I would have just gone ahead with my true desires, but our builder has a national contract with Whirlpool and if we buy outside of that there is a 25% markup on retail for other brands. Not good for top of the line appliance purchasing! After looking around I quickly decided I did not like the looks of the Whirlpool appliances, then I saw Kitchen Aid's which weren't bad looking with the exception of the horrid knobs on the gas cook top. So I eventually decided on Jenn Air, after the sales person gave us his endorsement. However, I am having a very hard time finding reliable recent reviews of Jenn Air products. From what I understand form the salesman, Jenn Air has totally reworked the design and functionality of their appliances, and has assured me they are way better than they used to be and any review I'm seeing is probably based on older models. I've looked through Consumer Reports-salesperson says those reviews are over a year old and for older models. A friend of mine in an upscale Chicago suburb said her appliance repairman said he would put Kitchen Aid appliances in across the board because parts are easy to come by (but he was there working on her beautiful thermador appliances)

Our cabinetry appointment is fast approaching, so I need advice, and quick! Is there anyone out there who has a recent Kitchen Aid appliance package? Or Jenn Air?

OR---do we go with what's included and upgrade nothing and upgrade to what I really want as those become unbearable�but then I have the cabinet problem.

Advice? Thank you so much in advance.

Comments (11)