SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stargazzer_gw

How to diagnoss a problem w/o a monitor

stargazzer
14 years ago

Don't know for sure what I want from you all. Here is my problem. My Samsung LCD monitor screen disappeared when I clicked on something leaving streaks across the screen. The menu and other buttons wouldn't work except the power button to turn it off. I rebutted, got a black screen, the digital/analog menu came up for a few seconds, then the power button started flashing on and off. Called Samsung, they thought the back light was out and suggested it wasn't worth repairing since it was 5 years old. I bought another for $112. same size and brand. It did the same thing the old one did. So I am assuming it is a computer problem. any suggestions regarding this problem? Without a monitor I have no idea what to do except take it to a shop.

My computer is a HP Pavilion a1540n desktop. Does anyone know how to pull up the specs on this PC with just the model number. I want the replacement to be as good as this one. I pulled one up, but it was called a mini tower and this one is a full sized tower.

Comments (17)