SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
madeline616_gw

Can Viking griddle cover be used as additional 'counter space?'

Madeline616
12 years ago

Hi all,

I'm continuing my quest for double ovens in some form or fashion. My first choice is the Viking 48". I love the small vertical oven and the color Sea Glass (does anyone have Sea Glass or any other color besides stainless?)

I hadn't considered this large model before because my current 36" cooktop is built into an alcove, so the counter space on either side stops where the alcove stops (see pic).

I'm having second thoughts as I see other GWers "stove in an alcove" pics and they have 48" inch stoves with less than or about the same amount of counter space as I would.

My question is threefold:

1) Can the viking griddle be placed anywhere on the stove, or only in the middle section?

2) Can the griddle cover (or griddle itself) - when not in use - be used as extra space to lay cooking utensils, spoon rest, etc while cooking

3) Is there a Viking stainless cover that simply bridges two burners (rather than specifically designed to cover a griddle) that could be used for this same purpose of providing a stainless surface to rest utensils, etc.? I'm not even sure I want the griddle.

Thanks, as usual. This site has made the process fun and much easier!

{{gwi:1461824}}

Comments (2)