SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dudsiam

Outlook Express Sending Problem

dudsiam
14 years ago

I am using XP......with Outlook Express as my email platform. Everything (that I know of) is working okay execpt my ability to send emails. I can receive emails just fine. My internet connection seems good. What could cause me to have trouble sending?

Here are the symptoms. When I click send.....the email seems to go to the Outbox....and doesn't seem to leave. I get an error message "Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks". Some way....my message is actually being sent. Unbeknowst to me...when it is sitting in the Outbox....and I click on "send/receive"...it is sent again. Before I discovered this....I sent some stuff out five our six times.

One other thing odd.....is that when I click on "Local Folders"....my Sent Box appears to be empty. I know it should have a bunch of sent emails in that box, but nothing is showing up there.

Does anyone have any ideas what I need to do? Could a setting be off? Do I need to re-install IE? Any suggestions or help with be greatly appreciated.

One other thing....after discovering this problem, I did a System Restore to a time I know everything was working okay.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Larry

Comments (6)