SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soesoe75

9' ceilings and 7' doors & window heights

soesoe75
13 years ago

We have 9' ceilings on the main floor and all the doors are supposed to be 7' tall and window trim tops also end at 7' high. I am concerned that in the living room where instead of windows we have 12' wide of bifold doors that are just 7' tall it might look short as compared to the 9' ceiling height.

We have a lovely view of ocean and Islands in the distance and I'm worried that 7' high will not capture the view as well as 8' and it might look super short compared to the 9' ceiling height.

The house style is quite modern. The architect is telling me 7' high will look fine w 9' ceilings and all windows will be at this same height. I'm feeling like I want the windows to come up a little higher, but I'm not sure if I"m over analyzing.

Currently the architect has the windows starting approx 6" off the floor and they are 6'6" tall therefore will be 7' total off the floor and therefore in line with the 7' doors.

I'd like some thoughts on the hieight of doors and windows relative to 9' ceilings?

We are just waiting for our bank to get the appraisal results and with any luck we'll be breaking ground in 2 weeks... Our plans are done just tweaking things like windows and doors.

Thx,

Soesoe75

Comments (6)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio