SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnny_gw

Urgent advice about different finishes please!

sunnny
13 years ago

Everything is going so fast now and we are only about 2 weeks from completion but I'm totally at a loss about our Master Bath. I feel like we've made mostly very good decisions so far but...In the beginning Dh and I decided to change things up from our warm tones in the bedroom and go for a country-quilt-cooler-feel so I ordered brushed nickel faucets. I've won most decisions except this one: DH WANTS TO USE OUR PREVIOUS BEDDING and bath set. It's really beautiful and I love it, too but I'm terrified it will look aweful now. It's warm browns, rust, copper, tan and a golden yellow. My walls are Laura Ashley Pale Gold 2 which would go either way but now we have brushed nickel - faucets and I cringed when I ordered the lighting.

Are there options I haven't thought of to warm it up? BURN IT?? PAINT IT??? BEAT IT??? Have it get lost in transit? Sell it??

I've read everything I can find about mixing finishes but I'm not very comfortable with mixing this much. Could I add ORB towel bars and it still be OK?? Would antique nickel be somewhat better?? I found (I think this is correct and if not I'm so sorry) Mondo's bathroom on the bathroom forum and he mixed finishes and it's very beautiful so maybe there's hope but I'm still SO afraid.

I even considered changing faucets and lighting but it would cost a fortune. I was pretty OK until I ordered the lights and now I'm pouting all day! :( They just don't do anything for me with this current color! My faucets are Vintage tub style with a claw foot 1920 tub which has been refurbishes and new venetian gold granite.

Please help HELP HELP HELP with any ideas or suggestions.

As I type one handed because my spoiled resuce kitten is asleep in one arm.

Sunny

Comment (1)