SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
java_man

Troubleshooting Natural Gas Grill Outlet

java_man
16 years ago

We have a natural gas grill which is fueled through a natural gas hose with a snap-in male fitting that mates to the natural gas outlet mounted on the outside wall of the house. The gas outlet has an on-off valve.

When the gas supply hose is plugged into the wall outlet, and I turn on the on/off valve and set the BBQ control to "light", no gas comes out. After I turn everything off and disconnect the hose, there is no smell of gas at the connection end of the hose.

When I unplug the supply hose and blow into the hose, air hisses out of the burner holes -- hence, no blockage in the hose or the BBQ gas control.

The problem seems to be with the wall-mounted fitting and/or the on-off valve on the fitting. Maybe the male fitting on the supply hose has to mesh properly with the wall-mounted outlet before gas will flow? Or??

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Any tips? (To set your mind at ease, Java_Man is NOT about to start doing his own repairs on gas appliances! I just thought it might be something simple and obvious.)

Java

Comments (3)