SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmks_gw

Epson printers....errrrgg

mmks
16 years ago

Has anyone had a problem with Epson printers? I had one for a while and after I replaced all the inks..suddenly it wouldn't work. I called the customer service and they sent me a replacement even though it was out of warranty. Well the same thing just happened..the thing that irritates me is it lets me spend 70-80 bucks on ink then dies. I called customer service they said if I buy another through customer loyalty they will send me extra ink....I had to ask why would I do that when same thing will probably happen? I said it was so strange that it would work fine up until I changed ink...then nothing like it had a kill switch designed into the printer...dead silence... would you take this as this may be a possibility? Sorry for the rant, usually hang out on the home improvement boards, but wanted some other feed back, what do you think?

Comments (3)

• owbist
    16 years ago

What model? If that is the C82 model join the crowd. I too replaced ink only to find nothing worked anymore. Epson made good printers long ago but.....................

• mmks
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nope it is a CX6400 and actually the one before was another CX model that I don't remember, so it must be a more widespread Epson thing.

• phyllis__mn
    16 years ago

Same thing happened with the C86 that I had. By some dumb quirk, I had purchased the extended warranty, as it was only 20 bucks. It had gobbled that expensive ink at an alarming rate, but just after normal warranty was over, it did the same thing as in your original post. I did get my purchase price returned, but what an aggravation. They do have a class action suit being brought against them for this reason.