SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loves2read

tile/trim in small shower

loves2read
14 years ago

doing a smaller shower 3x3.5 or 4 maybe--no window, no seat

as part of master bath remodel--

have new drop-in tub that will have tiled tub deck and front--probably with tumbled marble that will also be used as shower trim

chose Navona Dorato 12 x 12 tile for shower walls which is darker than room's floor tile

going to use granite vanities in probably Giallo ornamental--something fairly neutral without lot of movement

what would be a good trim pattern that would make it seem more spacious--

how wide an accent band is too wide

because of problems discovered when shower was gutted (termite damage/misaligned plumbing) we could not put the niche where we originally wanted or raise the ceiling higher than original like we though

so the band is going to have to be above the niche/above shoulder height

can the floor and ceiling be something like a basketweave mosaic or maybe a river rock or pebble floor on the 12 x 12 mats without being too contrasty--

would running that flooring (whatever it is) up the sides of the shower a few inches be possible and if so do you think that would make the shower seem taller

the wall/floor/celing tile in there before was tan ceramic 6x6 with darker brown row of same size tiles--not even any set on diagonal--so it was really boxy and bland...

and having a tile with movement after that monotone look has me worried it will look unharmonious--too busy/choppy

since we are putting house on market at some point husband does not want to do anything too "personal" in color choice or materials

unless you can really go overboard, I just think "less is more" concept works well-- with right choices--I don't want it to feel too dark but don't want too light a tile either...

have been checking out people photos but most showers seem larger than ours...

would love to see what you think would be good look

Here is a link that might be useful: Navona Dorato

Comment