SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soylentgreen_gw

Appliances for Non-cooks' Dream Kitchen?

SoylentGreen
10 years ago

Hi All,

This is my first post to the forum (my apologies if this is in the wrong place).

I would like to start by saying that I do not cook. My current stove is used as storage and the only appliance that I use other than a coffee maker is a microwave.

I want to learn to cook as I believe it will make me and my family more healthy. Right now I have specified the following:

30" Miele Oven
30" Miele Warming Drawer
Miele Speed Oven
Gaggenau Steam Oven
Gaggenau CX491 cook top

I don't want to over do it but I also don't want to build this kitchen and feel like I am missing an appliance.

So my questions are:

1. Do I need the speed oven or would a Miele microwave be enough?

2. Should I spend the extra money for the Gaggenau steam oven over the Miele? I have heard that the steam oven is generally the most used appliance. I like that the Gagg is plumbed.

3. Are gas cook tops more desirable than induction? I have a gas line but with the new kitchen design it is a bit of a pain to get it over to the new cook top ....would it be a mistake for resale purposes to not bring it over and cap it at cook top area?

4. Is it bad that most of these appliances have electronic controls? As odd as it sounds I am worried that these controls will detract from the sense of occasion and my enjoyment when cooking.

Thank you for your help!

Comments (9)