SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susie_que12

texture on the walls...deco ideas???

susie_que
14 years ago

Ok...no luck selling the house so far... but DD is coming home this weekend and her bedroom is looking a little dated. So I want to do a quick update on her room to kinda liven it up.

Currently her room is paneled (gasp) half way and papered to the ceiling. The woodwork is in great shape but its painted red yes red.

I have a half a can of primer and a half can of semi gloss white which should take care of the woodwork. I also have some eggshell in white lightning (a bright white with a hint of yellow) which should take care of the paneling.

But the wallpaper is really in bad shape and must come down until DH reminded me of how bad her walls were.

I have never used texture paint so I have no idea if its even something I can do?

Or

Should I get some compound and try to fill in the walls??

This has to be a quick fix so there is no time to hire a pro...besides I think of myself as pretty handy.

I am also on a budget so using the paint I already have with leave me about $60 to play around with.

If I do go ahead an texture the walls I will prob just paint them white or some color off the boo-boo rack at Lowes. Heck I have used boo-boo paint in my family room and it looks great!!

Thanks!

Susie

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH