SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wmas1960

GE Cafe Range Dual Fuel v. Gas

wmas1960
12 years ago

I thought I had posted this here but I guess it went to Kitchens...

Last weekend my Fiance and I bought a GE Cafe Dual Fuel range. We put 10% down and today had the electrician come by to confirm if it could be installed in our kitchen. The range we have is original to the house and is all gas. Therefore, there is only a 110 outlet in the back. Our order is contingent on them being able to install a 220 line which, they now say, they can't do. It would require opening part of a wall and ceiling.... Our decision now is to decide whether we want to hire a regular electrician to install a new line and pay to have the wall and ceiling repaired. And, if going dual fuel is worth all the extra time, expense and hassle on our limited budget. Or, if the All Gas model of the GE Cafe is acceptable and changing the order to the other model. I was curious if anyone had any experience, thoughts or advice on whether there is a significant noticeable difference in the performance or features between the two ranges. We would certainly do some baking but not a significant amount. We would probably be doing more roasting and cooking of casseroles frozen dinners etc. Thanks for any insights that can be offered.

I have gotten 4 replies so far on the other forum. They are 50/50 that I should go for Electric and that Modern Gas, ie., the Cafe Ranges, do not pose the same disadvantages compared to electric of old days. If anyone else has an opinion, I would be interested in considering it. I will need to call the retailer on Monday regarding my order.

I will add another quick question. Pertaining to the Cafe ranges specifically, since that is what we have on order. Are there any differences between the gas and electric in relation to features etc., or would they be the same other than Gas/Electric v. Gas/Gas.

Again, thanks for all assistance

Comment (1)