SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kljrph

Floor Plan Review / Construction Loan FYI

kljrph
10 years ago

Like most newbies, I have been reading this forum for months and we are getting close to breaking ground, so I thought I would post my plan for review.

My husband and I have 2 girls ages 7 and 2. We are building an ICF ranch home on a 4 acre wooded lot in NW Indiana. I have posted the main floor. The stairs will lead to a large bonus area that we will use for the girls play area and maybe some room for my things too. We will also have a 3000 sq ft basement which we will finish parts of down the road.

The kitchen will have a larger island, it's not drawn in correctly on the drawing. I am also thinking about having an opening from the kitchen to the 4 seasons room, but I would like some feedback on that. Another decision that isn't final is the placement of the fireplace, right now we have it as a dual room fireplace between the great room/4 season room.

Also, FYI for those of you getting ready to obtain a construction loan, check out Peoples Bank if you have them in your area. They had the best deal around, 1/2% origination and 4.25% during construction on the draws.

Comments (4)