SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fruitjarfla

Recurring Spam

fruitjarfla
14 years ago

I continue to receive spam from a source using my own AOL email username@netscape.net as the source of the email. I do not open and treat it as spam then remove it. I run Malware, AdAware, Spybot, Zonealarm and AVG. I have reported it as spam and also set a filter in the AOL email to identify it (i.e., the From source). The only potential virus or malware problems showing today from the scans were "Virtumo.. and MyWay.. which were removed by Spybot. I attempted to track back to the email source this morning and subsequently got another email saying, in effect, that I wasn't successful in finding the spammer. The Received: mail came from mail2.forumrachunkowosci.pl with an IP address of 212.69.76.162  Amsterdam, Netherlands. Searching for "forumrachunkowowsci" comes up with a few hits, in what appears to me to be Polish language. A few other bits that show up when looking at the "View Message Source" in AOL are domain names: imas. qiyg, eloy. acyr. aqcam.  all followed with  ziscawak.cn. But when searched, none come up as hits. One more item is a word "Yideyw" and when googled, finds one link entitled "YouÂve been bitten by MattÂs Anti-Spam harvester script" at camerashed.co.uk/biteme.asp?PageNo-463. I am assuming that "Matt's" script refers to a Matt Wright's FormMail Script that I found on wizcrafts.net site. There it says that using the script is a bit dangerous to the person using it as well as to recipients of the spam. Any further thoughts or ideas???? Thanks, John

Comments (2)