SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pkguy

Got my MagicJack

pkguy
15 years ago

For those not knowing what it is it's a little USB device about the size of a Tic Tac box or cigarette lighter. You plug it into a USB port on your computer and you plug a real telephone or real cordless phone into the other end with the regular phone jack. You can then make unlimited calls within the USA and Canada from anywhere in the world. There's nothing to do..just pick up the receiver, you get a dial tone and you dial the area code and phone number. It works extremely well and I'm really impressed with it. The calls are crystal clear, no one I've called has been able to tell the difference or said the sound was awful. Installation was foolproof, just plug it in, it sets itself up basically. Only cost $39 and is good for one year, $20 thereafter. It also gives you voice mail AND a phone number for people to call you. Your computer has to be on for it to work though. I'm doing away with my $20 month long distance carrier now which will pay for the Magic Jack in a couple of months.

Another good reason to have one.. it's like having two phone lines without paying the price. I heard Walmart and RadioShack are now selling them.

Here is a link that might be useful: magicjack

Comments (4)