SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
capegirl05

Frustrated...venting a little...

Capegirl05
12 years ago

My GC is ready for my floor tile selection (for mudroom, laundry, bathrooms) and I have not decided :o/ My problem is that what I want (marble) is not in the budget so trying to find something that I LIKE/LOVE is hard when what is available in our $$ range is nothing to get real excited about. The big problem is that my GC sent me to his contact at a local tile/carpet/granite store. This woman is nice but VERY BUSY...she works with builders and even though my GC has a great relationship with her, he/we are small potatoes. She initially sat down with me and showed me what is available in our $$ range. I have gone back once to get more samples cause nothing is WOWING me...so, today, I stopped by to see if she could show me some "trim" options for the showers, thinking that it might inspire me if I found something I liked. She spent about 10 minutes with me and then told me she had two separate builders coming in and basically wanted me out of there. I asked her if I could come back tomorrow and made an appt...if I go tomorrow and she doesn't HELP me....I am finding someone else. I can't make decisions if I don't know the $$ of the tile, etc. If this is standard, please tell me. I feel like she is willing to help IF I know exactly what I want. I am about this close to hiring a decorator because she isn't much help...Tile decision has to be made by Thursday...

What should I do? Thanks for listening.

Comments (23)