SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_phxaz

Kazaa and Vista

michelle_phxaz
16 years ago

I had Kazaa Gold on my old computer and paid for a lifetime subscription. Now I can't download it into Vista, and on the Kazaa website when you try to "contact" them you are never connected with a page that helps you, it sends you back to the main page.

Can anyone give me some help with this?

Comments (10)

• iowagirl2006
    16 years ago

If you are going to use P2P software, you should never pay for it anyway. YOu are getting ripped off with any "subscriptons"

Don't think because you have paid a membership to KaZaa, Limewire, etc - that you are legally downloading software - you are not.

You are better off obtaining your music from legal sources.

• michelle_phxaz
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Iowagirl, you didn't answer my question. I asked how to download Kazaa using Vista. Do you know if they are compatible?

• arkie62
    16 years ago

According to the Kazaa site it only works up to XP.

Here is a link that might be useful: Specifications

• eileenlamp
    16 years ago

Vista does not allow P2P websites. Somehow it is able to block them.

• iowagirl2006
    16 years ago

I think you can use Kazaa with Vista - maybe it is a security setting.

Sorry I can't answer your question Michell. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that even with a subscription - the music downloads are not legal. It can get confusing with some of the wording dealing with subscriptions.

It is absolutely 100% your choice where to get music. I had a friend that was sure she was in the clear because she had paid a subscription to LimeWire. The subscriptions have NOTHING to do with the legality of the music downloads.

The RIAA does go after illegal downloaders. A poster )at the Kitchen Table) daughter is being prosecuted....so it does happen.

Here is a link that might be useful: RIAA sues college students

• michelle_phxaz
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks guys, I will break out that iPod gift certificate I was saving!

• eileenlamp
    16 years ago

Like I said, you can't use any P2P (Kazaa or the likes) with Vista. It blocks all the music download sites except the ones you pay for.

• randy_ca
    16 years ago

I just put Limewire Pro on Vista and I have a Turbo-Charged Connection to the Gnutella Network.
    Vista doesn't block connections to Network Servers.
    As soon as Kazaa is Vista compatible, it'll work just fine.
    In fact you could probably install Kazaa on Vista in XP compatibility mode.
    When you install Kazaa, it will automatically be added to the Exceptions list in Windows Firewall Settings.

• daviea
    16 years ago

Don't listen to anything these guys are saying. I have Vista Ultimate AND KazaaGold and it works awesome. In fact, it works exactly like it did with my XP. Now, I'm not sure about Kazaa (Kazaa and KazaaGold = 2 completely different animals), but My Kazaa Gold works great. If you have trouble, I would just email their support department at support@mykazaagold.com. I'm sure they would be able to help and they actually know what they are talking about, as opposed to some...

Goog luck

• randy_ca
    16 years ago

Don't listen to anything these guys are saying.
    I'm sure they would be able to help and they actually know what they are talking about, as opposed to some...

Sweet.....
    Thanks for the clarification.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths