SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kjblock_gw

Field of Dreams farmhouse

kjblock
12 years ago

Hi there,

We are planning to build the Field of Dreams farmhouse designed by Jean Larson with some modification, in Upstate NY on 9 acres that includes wooded areas, a meadow, and a pond. We've looked at lots of farmhouse plans, and keep coming back to this one since we love it so much. It's just about the right size for us.

I know from past threads a couple of years ago that there are some others here who built the same house--and the photos that people have posted are really helpful.

In 2009 there were several people who were contemplating or just beginning their projects. I'm wondering if any of them are still around and could post other photos or tell me how they modified the plans.

The main things we'd like to change are to move the screened porch to the back off the dining room, make the main floor bath into a 3/4 bath, maybe make the garage semi-attached using a breezeway or something (we don't like the look of the attached garage since the porch should wraparound, but with our snow and ice, we'd like some sort of covered or enclosed way to get from garage to house), and maybe do a small walk-in closet in one kid's room. If we could find a way to put a laundry room on the main floor too that would be great (and I mean a large laundry room, not just a closet for the washer and dryer).

I'd love to hear from others who have built this farmhouse!

Thanks!

Karla (libkarla@yahoo.com)

Here is a link that might be useful: Field of Dreams farmhouse

Comments (26)