SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spider96

Budget/Appliance question

spider96
13 years ago

I posted this over on the kitchen forum and then realized I should have posted it here!

Hi all,

I'm new here and this is my very first post. I have learned so much and am so thankful for this forum! (we are building a house)

This is my situation: we have young kids and we are building our house in a pretty modest neighborhood. The houses are all custom, but not big and very close together (we wanted that so our kids would have a lot of other kids around). Ours will be a bit bigger than the others, but we are trying very hard not to look out of place and to keep things modest. However, we do have an unlimited budget. I would never ever want to look "showy" though.

We've decided on the fridge (subzero 48 inch) but I'm having a delima with the range/cooktop. It will be a 48 inch, and our builder and also appliance guy is telling us NOT to do Wolf b/c it's so much more expensive and to go with Kitchen Aid. I was all set to do that until I searched under Kitchen Aid for Ovens/ranges, and now I don't know what to do. Our builder and appliance guy do not know about our budget. I don't, however, want to buy Wolf if people think we are doing it just for the red knobs. (that's what my builder said) I'm not a chef by any means....I try to cook, but I could get by with just about any decent oven.

What would you do???

I hope I didn't come across as snotty- I have no where else i can ask this question.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus