SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pelican_gw

Wireless Broadband Router won't connect

pelican
16 years ago

My wireless DSL was working just fine at our old house. I moved to another city and am using another ISP. They gave me a different modem to use and now my computer won't connect to the internet. I can connect to the network just fine. When I press the "repair" button, it goes through the steps until it gets to ""Renewing your IP address", where it stops because it "could not complete this action". I can connect to the internet using the cat5 cable from the modem to the computer. I can connect to the internet using the cat5 cable from the modem to the wireless router and another cat5 cable from the wireless router to my computer. My computer just won't connect to the internet using the wireless feature.

Here is a list of pertinent info:

Wireless router: Linksys Wireless-G Broadband router 2.4GHz with speed booster 802.11g, model WRT54GS v2.1

Modem: ZHONE ADSL2+ Bridge/Router, AN, Model 6211-I3-200

Computer: Dell Inspiron 6000

Wireless Software: Intel PROset/Wireless 9.0.0.1

Network Authentication: Open

Data Encryption: WEP

Encryption Level: 128 Bit

In the securities tab, it asks me to set up a password, and I did. Then it says that the Security Password must be the same value used by the Wireless Access Point. I don't know where this "Wireless Access Point" is, and this may be my problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments (3)