SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cbarutt

Thoughts and Feedback on Floorplan

cbarutt
10 years ago

Hi All,

I have been following these boards for awhile now while planning our move back to my home state of SD and decided to pull the trigger and create an account to get some feedback on what we are thinking for a floor plan. We are currently bunking it with my parents, so needless to say we are excited to get the building process started!

We will be building on an acreage with the house facing east and the garage on the south side of the home. So the image provided, but mirrored. We will be doing an unfinished basement as it is currently just the two of us.

The image attached is a rough idea of what we want for a floor plan. I am excited to get some feedback from some unbiased sources. I feel like I might be blinded by the large closet, pantry, and laundry room and my husband definitely is blinded by the garage. What a smart wife I was to show him this plan! : )

Some notes on what we would change about it are as follows:

Living Room would turn into a Office/Bedroom with double doors

We are going to draw out by the powder room to create a "mudroom" area when entering the home

In an effort to create a bigger second bathroom and a better flowing master bath we will be doing some shifting and repositioning in that area, I am not scared to steal a couple feet from the master closet if necessary.

Here is also a link to the floorplan: http://www.monsterhouseplans.com/traditional-style-house-plans-2247-square-foot-home-1-story-2-bedroom-and-2-bath-3-garage-stalls-by-monster-house-plans-plan53-141.html

Comments (8)