SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Are any freezerless fridges reliable?

ontariomom
11 years ago

Hi Folks,

I am hoping for some wisdom and helpful opinions on freezerless all fridges. We have room for a counter depth all fridge and separate up right freezer in our new kitchen (they will be across the room from each other so don't need to be a matching pair). The more I research freezerless fridges the more discouraged I get. It seems there are many bad reviews on the following mid-priced models: Whirlpool, Electrolux and Fridgidaire (such as fridge not keeping food cold, breaking down within a year, etc).

I have now started to look at Thermador which is a far pricier model, and so far the reviews have been much more favorable. I haven't looked at the Miele or Gaggenau all fridge as I fear they would even more expensive than the Thermador, but will look into either of these brands if that is my best option to get a reliable all fridge. I would love your input on the following:

1)Are there any owners of freezerless fridges who have owned their fridges for more than 3 years and who can recommend their fridges (or even not recommend their fridges)?

2)Is there a reason why a freezerless fridge should be inherently less reliable than a standard fridge?

3)Are the pricier models made by Thermador, Gaggenau and Miele my only reliable options.

TIA!!!

Carol

Comments (9)