SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marlingardener

Maytag dishwasher

marlingardener
16 years ago

Maytag recalled my dishwasher in early May since using the rinse aid feature could cause a fire. I contacted the company and was sent a refit kit and a list of "authorized service representatives." Alas, I chose the one that had no concept of customer service. After the "repair man" arrived, and consequently broke the control panel on May 21, I was told to contact Maytag and have a control panel sent "under warranty." After playing an interesting game of phone tag with various Maytag people, I found out that customers could not order the part--it had to be ordered by, guess who, the Authorized etc. etc. I called the Authorized, and was told that it would be 3 to 10 days to get the part. When I contacted Maytag again on June 25 I found that the Authorized hadn't even ordered the part. I contacted Authorized, etc. etc. and was told that it would be 3 to 10 days. The upshot of the whole mess is that, almost exactly three months to the day that the incompetent Authorized etc.etc. broke the machine, Maytag replaced the dishwasher with a brand-new comparable model, installed by a REAL authorized repair service who showed up on time, did a clean and competent job, and even thanked me. Warning: if your Jennair, Maytag or Whirlpool appliance is recalled--check out the repair shop with the Better Business Bureau, Whirlpool itself, and anyone you know who has one of their appliances. Even though I am satisfied with the way Maytag/Whirlpool responded after I contacted them, I would never buy one of their appliances. The service is just too chancy. And if you need a Maytag/Whirlpool/Jennair repair in the Waco Texas area, go with Bremond Auto Supply and avoid the place on Orchard Lane.

Comments (3)