SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seattlemamadrama

Is this light fixture too small for our entry way?

seattlemamadrama
15 years ago

I posted this in the lighting forum over the weekend but have had no responses and need to make a decision. I would love your opinions ASAP since I want to get our lighting order in today or tomorrow at the latest! :)

We're building a new (style: fairly modern Asian-meets-Craftsman fusion) home in Seattle and are choosing Hubbardton Forge fixtures for the exterior and most of the main floor of our house, in addition to several recessed cans on all floors.

We have a space in our entryway for a single entry light fixture, and no additional cans are located in this entry way area. We like this HF fixture below, but I'm afraid it's too small for the scale of the entry. The entry is approx. 7'w x 9'l and the ceilings are 10' high. This light is only 11" tall, 11" wide and only has one bulb. What do you think? Do we need 2+ bulbs in this area for adequate lighting? Is this too narrow for this space?

The entry way opens up to the side of a funky, geometric black metal staircase (made by a local metal artist) which you walk around to the right or left to get our our great room, so you will get some ambient light from through the staircase.

Dimensions:11.4" h. x 11.3" d.

Glass Dimensions: #137: 8.30" wide x 9" tall tube.

Socket Type: Medium.

Bulb:Type A, 100-watt max. or up to (1) 100 watt equivalent screw in compact fluorescent bulbs.

Thank you in advance!

Deb

Here is a link that might be useful: Hubbardton Forge Exos Pasadena Light

Comments (2)