SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alywa_gw

Advice / Recommendations needed for remodel (48' range)

alywa
16 years ago

Hi all! I'm so glad I found this site. As all of you know, researching high-end appliances is tough... so hard to find any real reviews / experiences.

We are remodeling our late 70's lakeside house, and completely gutting the kitchen. My wife and I, while not pros, cook a lot, and really enjoy it. We entertain often (6-10 people), so capacity and performance are a must in the products we choose.

We've pretty well decided on Electrolux Icon for our speed oven / micro... and a wall oven (if we end up needing one). Our in-laws have these items, and we've all been very pleased with them.

We are strongly considering the Electrolux Twin all-fridge / all-freezer with separate trim kits. While the build isn't as sturdy as some others we've looked at, the appearance, capacity, and price are in-line with what we want.

This leaves us with the biggie... the range. We had initially decided upon the Electrolux icon 48". It looks nice, has the great ovens, and is reasonably priced. However, I have not been able to find anything discussing reliability / user experiences.

Next, I saw a La Corneu... oh my! While we can't afford one, it did bring up the idea of getting a "funky" range (traditional, old-world style). AGA is a choice, but the oven sizes scare off my wife. Corneu Fe is a thought, but my wife again is nervous. I personally like the Lacanche, and after reading all the reccs here on this one, this is my emotional favorite. (Volnay). Con: Pricey, ? service issues (only one US dealer, etc)

I had never heard of Blue Star, but everyone here seems enthusiastic about it. We're looking at this one.. Con: Pricey.

Finally, there is the least expensive option, from a household brand. Jenn-Air pro-style 48" range. Pros: Easily serviced. Cons: Don't know... no reviews, reccs.

So, what do you guys think? What would you get in the 48" size, $10k or less?

Comments (6)