SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pamela_crane

Bosch vs. Frigidaire Induction Smackdown

Pamela Crane
10 years ago

I am in the market for an all-induction 30-inch cooktop to replace my old hybrid Jenn-Air. I would like to keep the price down as I am not a real cook. The Bosch 300 gets favorable reviews here on GW, and is on sale at Lowe's for $1399.

Another option is the Frigidaire Gallery FGIC3067M, but I have not found any comments here about this particular cooktop. Plessers and Goedekers sell this for about $1030. I like its looks more than the Bosch (the cross pattern) and the hob sizes (10" 8" 7" 6") seem more useful than the Bosch's (11" 9" 2 x 6").

With the exception of some pricey models, for ALL induction cooktops, the pan base must fit about 1/2-inch +/- of the hob size. My biggest pan is a paella pan at a 10-inch base. How much do you use the 11-inch hob on your Bosch? Do you find the 6-inch ones to be too small to use much? That leaves the 9-inch one as the most used.

I think the Bosch 300 has shut-off timers but the Frigidaire does not. Timers would be nice for rice but what else do you use the timers for?

Comments (10)