SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darrah

Yoo hoo, anybody home?

darrah
13 years ago

I'm old enough to remember when buying a major appliance was exciting and yet pretty much a no-brainer. There weren't many choices and you bought a major brand with a good reputation and could count on it functioning for at least the next 20 years with maybe a few minor repairs.

Now there are numerous choices but it's like a crap shoot as far as the durability of the product. I need to replace all appliances when we remodel the kitchen and from everything I've read, no matter the price, there are breakdowns. I told my husband whatever we get we have to buy extended warranties because it will be breaking down sooner than later. He hates extended warranties with a passion. I wish I could get enthused about this whole process but I am a skeptic. We can afford MID-RANGE priced appliances. The island cooktop and ovens need to be electric, do not want ice-maker in fridge as we had a leak with our old one and don't want to deal with that again.

If I am wrong in my thinking, show me the error of my ways because I have to make some choices before I end up cooking on our campstove and keeping food in the cooler.

Comments (4)