SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmh4796

small details on blue prints question

bridget helm
10 years ago

We are trying to finalize our plans and our architect is getting annoyed with us I can tell. We paid him a flat fee, so at some point he doesn't want to make any more changes. He has to print out one final set of plans because the builder made a few changes for budget (no rear shutters and 6'8 doors upstairs rather than the taller ones). So I figured I'd tell him a few changes that we want too or should I not?

There is a little built in desk in the dormer area of one of the upstairs bedrooms and a little bookcase in the upstairs landing. I've decided I'd rather buy my own desk and bookcase to put in those spots. There is also a light switch that I'd prefer on a different wall and a door that I want to swing a different direction. Finally, we need to add some cable locations for a TV in the landing and in our bedroom. Is it necessary to ask him to make these changes? Or should I just talk to the subcontractors about them when the time comes? It's really hard to make EVERY decision ahead of time, but I know he's getting annoyed.

Comments (5)