SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dmrbound

Frustrated with Wolf Appliances

Kathy Harrington
9 years ago

We are building a home and it's getting close to having to finally decide on appliances. I currently live in one area of the country and am building in another region.

I am frustrated with the lack of knowledge and forthrightness of the regional dealers, as well as the differences in attitude when speaking with them.

I went into our regional showroom for Wolf (Houston) and spoke with someone about, 1. Chipping and 2. the new M series Ovens with a removable bottom.
Interesting enough, he hadn't heard about any chipping and could say in his region, there had been no cases of chipping. He also said that while the date for the M series ovens continues to be December, he fully expects that to be late January or February and in all the meetings he had been in no one mentioned the removable bottom.
I insisted that he call and get more information and get back to me. To his credit, he did call promptly, and found out while there has been some chipping, Wolf attributes it to scrubbing and that they have seen it less lately. They also stated that they are considering a removable bottom and will most likely become a feature on the M series Oven, something that he was unaware of and was glad I bought it to his attention.

I also asked him about his builder program and he explained it in detail and was very nice, but also explained that each region had it's own policies.

So I then called the Denver Regional Showroom to speak about a factory certified Installer as the closest one is 2 hours away and then also asked to speak to someone about their builder program. The person with the warranty information told me that even if a factory certified installer installs the appliance, it may still not be covered for the 3 years unless they actually agree to certify it, based on whether all the electricity and water supply is correct in the house. DUHH!!! Can't imagine that someone would install an expensive appliance without the underlying electricity being ok and that Wolf would allow it.

The saleswomen that dealt with the builder incentive program was pleasant enough without giving me any information other than I would have to contact the retailer. Why so secretive and unhelpful????!!!

So here are my problems: 1. It appears that chipping has been a real problem, especially for folks in the Pacific NW, why has there not been a company wide announcement about this problem alerting all employees to keep their eyes open for this sort of problem? If there has been, the people in Houston missed that memo

2. Why the differences in policies between regions and the lack of transparency in some of them?

3. If they really are exploring adding a removable bottom to the M series Oven and in all likelihood going to be a feature available in December, why wouldn't your regional showrooms know about that

So, am I being too picky? Has anyone in the Denver area experienced chipping? Anyone been denied a certified install? Should I still consider Wolf?

Also,FWI, just checked with American Express. If you purchase the appliances with American Express they will extend the 3 year warranty (If you use an certified installer and they certify it) to 4 years.

Thanks for reading this long post

Comments (13)