SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kendravicknair

Should I be ok with this tile job?

kendravicknair
9 years ago

We recently built a home and had pebble tile installed in the master shower and as a back splash up the vanity wall. The stripe in the shower looks great. But the pebble tile everywhere else just looks very sloppy to me. Lots of sandy grout left on the pebbles, some large drips of grout and plaster, I think, left stuck to the pebbles.

Also, in the stripe in the shower, they didn't cut the pebbles, but on the vanity wall there is a very ugly cut that was just grouted/caulked over.

This is our first experience with tile installation, so we aren't really sure how picky to be. We had someone come out to look at it and he spent about 1-2 hours attempting to clean off the excess grout and sand with an acid. It really doesn't look much better. I don't know what else to do, but for the amount of money we spent on the pebbles, I feel like they should look a lot better than they do.

Here are some pictures. The first picture is the stripe, the part that we are happy with. The others are of the rest of the pebble.

Also, the back walls of the shower had many holes where grout was missing. We probably showered in it for a week before we noticed, so I'm wondering if water could have gotten behind the tile. They fixed one side, but neglected to fix the other side. I took a picture of that also.

Comments (24)