SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catlin_gw

wall oven and range hoods/first post

catlin
13 years ago

I just retired and hopefully this will be my last kitchen remodel. I have been lurking for months gobbling up all the excellent information.I started out wanting a Bluestar cooktop but then got torn about the Culinarian open burner cooktop that was coming out. While in that process ended up on the induction site and am now pretty much settled on the Gaggenau 36" with the disk. Any comments on framed vs frameless would be welcome. As far a single wall ovens go,I was fixed on the Monogram Model#: ZET938SMSS and love their rolling racks that can supposedly stay in for cleaning. Hmmmmm. Got interested in the Culinarian Maestro wall oven and found a place not too far away to go see it. Not true steam but has something called moist assist. The specs look really good re power and I called to check if it had rolling racks and it does. So the Monogram or the Culinarian? I will only have one oven. Also, now that I do not need the kind of fan power required of a Bluestar, I am narrowed down to Elica Pilato 36" and Zephyr Palermo. I figured out that Zephyr is part of Broan but cannot seem to find out the parent company of Elica, if any. Also cannot find the sones on the Elica. The Zephyr is 6 so not that quiet I am thinking. I want a rounded look and quiet because I always run my fan. I have been cooking with the same Dacor stuff that came with the house when it was new 18 years ago so don't know why I am so picky all of a sudden but trying to do it so I will like it.

Comment