SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wordfool

Viking DF range in need of TLC

wordfool
15 years ago

I just picked up a Viking DF range, which I think is model number VDSC306 (but can't be sure... can't find the information anywhere) and have some maintenance/spare parts questions that hopefully someone can help with.

Since I got it for a song ($900) and all the basics work (burners, ignitors, oven, convection fan etc.) I'm happy to spend a little time and money giving it some TLC.

First off, the oven door needs new hinges (no surprise from what I've read) and I'm wondering how easy it is for me to replace them myself. I'm pretty handy but the hinges seem well hidden and I worry that when I take the oven door apart to get at them everything might go pear-shaped. Is this a straightforward job and will everything be obvious once I get stuck in?

Secondly, I'm missing the center burner grates (the trivet grates) and cannot for the life of me find anywhere online that sells such replacement parts for Viking ranges. Does anyone know where I can find them or are they likely to be special order only through Viking?

And finally, anyone know where I might find a product manual or at least properly identify the model number so I can get part numbers? The back of the range has the wiring diagram and that's it as far as markings go.

Comment (1)